Changing a pipe centre for towel rad.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we had some pipe centres initially done for a larger radiator in our first fix by our heating egineer for a towel rad. The pipes come from wall.

I just realised the rad provided by the bathroom designer is smaller

So we require 468 centres instead of 520.

So I now have to o tell my bathroom fitter to bring in 1 pipe by 52mm.

Given this is out of scope of work I hope he can fit it in without any cost anyway.

How long does this stuff take usually, I was planning on chasing out current pipe and chasing out new path to bring the new path of pipe. And also filling after

I presume he just needs to drain system and solder this. It shouldn't take him more then 1 hour?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Job we're on at the moment has had something similar happen.

Pipes are running through the staircase stringer. Holes discussed and cut by the architectural steel fabricators.

Putting the pipes in, charged the system then
..... Site meeting.

My part of the meeting finishes so back to the pipe work I go.

Couple of hours later :"oh by the way, the sparks needs to put lighting in there so the pipes need to be elsewhere ".

Great. Let's all do these variations gratis because someone behind a desk didn't plan ahead.

I guess because it's only 5 cm it should be possible to bend the pipes under boards and centres would be ok?

I guess because it's only 5 cm it should be possible to bend the pipes under boards and centres would be ok?

Not unless you want to risk damaging the pipework.

Surely it would be simpler to get the rad/towel warmer that was originally specified?

The bathroom designed or large sanitary ware at the expense of the radiator we realised. And we can't return as they are being made in germany

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back