changing a rad on a combi

2 Jun 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I want to change a rad in my diningroom from an old long single rad to a new double but shorter in length. My boiler is a combi : worcester/bosch 35cdi. Can I remove the old rad and then by using the rad valves drain off the pressure so it stops coming out, then cutting the pipe feeds to reconfigure the pipe length to reconnect to the new rad. If I do this will it drain all of the water out of the boiler ? . And I'm guessing that I would then need to refill using the filling loop to obtain a working pressure of at least 1.5 Bar. Can anyone please advise.
Sponsored Links
Do a search on changing a rad - a full answer is a sheet of A4!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links