Changing a shower to a bath.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Hope to use same exit for waste out of wall, shower waste trap ( horrible- now removed ) was fitted below floor level. ( which will be tiled over)

My plughole on bath is at other end to where the existing waste is, so will need to pipe it about 1.2m, and will (unless suggested different ) be piped above floor level until it joins the existing waste .

To ensure a good flow- but no smells, should I fit the trap near plughole, or near the wall - or any would a trap at both ends be a good idea ?

cheers

Sponsored Links
HI

sorry i do not understand your query.

Hope to use same exit for waste out of wall, shower waste trap ( horrible- now removed ) was fitted below floor level. ( which will be tiled over)
Is this upstairs or downstairs?

My plughole on bath is at other end to where the existing waste is, so will need to pipe it about 1.2m, and will (unless suggested different ) be piped above floor level until it joins the existing waste .
Above flooring level is easier to maintain.

To ensure a good flow- but no smells, should I fit the trap near plughole, or near the wall
Under the bath waste, unless you use a HepvO.

Do you have any particular reason to be worried about the flow?

or any would a trap at both ends be a good idea ?
No.

Sponsored Links
Its upstairs ( extension)

I don't have reason to worry about flow. but did wonder is given the exit point at wall is below floor level ( will need a U bend join and then up pipe to allow before joining to bath waste ) where to place "trap" but thanks you seem to have answered that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back