changing a shower valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We currently have a mira element EV shower

which is leaking (ie dripping, but we also have water coming through the back wall, which has worsened since the cartridge has gone) , and we would like to replace it. We are planning on doing an extension and moving the bathroom (get rid of this shower + completely new pipe work for new one) in the nearish future, and there are a couple of issues with this shower that mean I would like to change it (mainly-it is only on or off with the water-you cannot slow the flow rate down-and we have a REALLY good flow rate so it can be a bit powerful!) I looked for replacement cartridges but they seem to be almost as much as the shower (unless I was looking in the wrong place!)

We want another thermostatic one, and I like the look of this Grohe one

The mira says 153mm, the Grohe says 150 +/-15 would we literally be able to take one off and attach the new one? And when we moved a bathroom it would be easy enough to save the shower rather than getting another new one?

Thanks for any help
smile.gif

Sponsored Links
As far as the pipe centres go - yes no problem.

How the existing connections have been made, that depends on if they are compression, pushfit etc. As long as the existing connections can be released you should be OK.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back