Changing cylinder necessary for boiler replacement?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I just got a quote for replacing my boiler with a worcester-bosch 24kW system boiler, and included in the scope of work was to remove the existing cylinder and install a new one.

The current cylinder is vented, indirect, gravity (28mm) with green foam insulation and a red jacket.

Why would changing the cylinder be necessary?

He also included a powerflush - is this necessary? Water in current system is very clean and half of the rads are new. Another guy intended to put sludge remover in for a week or 2 prior to starting instead of powerflush, but he's too busy.

Many thanks for any further advice.

Sponsored Links
The system needs cleaning one way or another as part of the commissioning process. Having a New cylinder and full powerflush isnt necessary but is best practice.

Thanks petit_pablo. Appreciate the need for system cleansing.

What's the reasoning behind the new cylinder? - I can see that the coil might have limescale build-up around it (especially as there is no cyl. stat right now), and the coil and/or lagging may not be as efficient as a brand new one.

New cylinders are generally better lagged and have high recovery coils so the heat up time is better and the heat loss less. Saving you money.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back