Changing galaxy alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a galaxy 2-20 in at the moments got a 2-12 to replace but I can’t learn the fobs on the 2-12 I’ve gone into user (in user code) 42 - rf fob - ent -*auto but it doesn’t pick up the fobs anyone any ideas ? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Did you default the G2-20 and is it an ADT board that you've obtained ? Ensure that your panel is seeing the max reader in the keypad and that the max mode is enabled. 63.2.1 I think.

I’m replacing the 2-20 with the 2-12 (think that’s what it is ) sorted it now was waiting for a bar to appear when I pressed a+1 but it doesn’t it has now learned all fobs thanks again

Sponsored Links
The 2-20 I had a lot of zone were tampering (not being used ) so had to set as not used and also it’s gaining time the 2-12 has a wireless thing inside so I can use wired and wireless upstairs ,got this second hand but not surposed to be that old .

The system version on the 2-12 is 1.41
On the 2-20 it’s 1.10

The system version on the 2-12 is 1.41
On the 2-20 it’s 1.10

Version 1.41 is quite old with a few bugs. Version 1.56 is the latest for the UK variant of G2 firmware.

I'm not sure what you mean about wireless inside, as the G2 series has a metal enclosure, so cannot have any wireless module internal. It can take an RF portal in an external plastic enclosure though.

The wireless thing is inside metal box on plastic sticky pads ,what do the bugs cause ?

Sounds like it may be an old dualcom that's been left in the panel. This will be of little use to you.

The main changes for the firmware were around support for wireless, various reset level options for resetting alarms / tampers. There were also issues with event reporting that were resolved and various compliance changes. If you are going to the effort of changing the PCB, I would recommend updating.

If you are a Selfmon customer, you can send the board to me and I'll upgrade it for free. You only need to cover the postage cost.

78552A6C-8F6A-4677-83E1-5CE1F3AFA5F6.jpeg
Think it’s definitely wireless I will send pic I’ve added wireless pirs to system as for selfmon I’ve got a speech dialler
2B3D0A80-82E9-4E19-BFC4-98B697665C6F.jpeg

Well, not sure who's put the RF portal inside the case, but that wouldn't work when the metal lid is fitted on the panel, as the radio waves cannot get through. If they do, it will not be reliable. Or has this been left running with the panel lid off ?

Must admit I’ve been programming it b4 I change Over so I programmed pirs with lid open ,the rf portal was already fitted inside,the old program zones were all wireless.4 zones in total .i have 4 wired and would have 3 wireless so I’m i right in thinking I need to put the RF in some sort of plastic cover instead of inside the panel .

Yes, the portal enclosure is the same plastic enclosure as the standard wired RIO's. A spring is placed on the black push switch and the jumper (that's currently fitted) is removed. The plastic RIO lid then depresses the RF portal tamper switch when closed.

Any ideas where I would just get the covers I’ve checked eBay cut they are for complete units ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back