Changing High Temperature Cut Out - Unvented Cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The high temperature cut out needs replacing on my Unvented indirect Cylinder - confirmed by heating engineer who didn't have part or time to change it when doing annual service - I have been waiting for him to come back for six weeks but still no date set - I have ordered part myself.

Is this the sort of job I could safely do myself bearing in mind its an unvented cylinder - I am a reasonably proficient DIY plumber and electrician with no disasters to date. !

The Unvented indirect Cylinder is a "Protea"(manufactured South Africa) and I would need to drain the cylinder partially to remove the old HT cut out.

Any Advice appreciated

Sponsored Links
Do you know you will be tempering with a potential bomb when you start playing with it?

Leave it to someone who carries G3 certification.

Thanks for the advice DP- I appreciate the dangers of unvented systems it just seems very frustrating when those qualified for bomb disposal (ie G3 )can't be bothered to take their qualification seriously and leave those of us with a potential bomb, sitting on it for six weeks despite numerous cries for help!

I will take your advice and keep waiting

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back