Unvented cylinder, easiest option

iep

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to change our hot water cylinder as we only get 1.5 decent showers out of our miserly 110L existing tank.

While we are at it, thought I'd look at geting an unvented cylinder so we can remove the cold water tank and noisy shower pump.

The existing system is a basic s-plan with indirect cylinder and space constraints mean we can probably only have a 210L replacement cylinder but this would still be a big improvemnt.

Can anyone recommend a simple unvented tank that is easy to swap in?

Cheers,

iep

Sponsored Links
The first thing to do is check the mains water pressure and flow rate you have available. If either is found wanting, any unvented cylinder may fail to meet your requirements.

The cold storage tank in a gravity system is there as a buffer, allowing you to draw water quicker than your cold mains may be capable of supplying.

We have really good mains pressure/flow so I don't anticipate any problems.

Cheers,
iep

you may aswell get a quote from someone whos qualified to fit them.

Sponsored Links
I have an agreement with a local plumber where I do the work and then he charges his hourly rate to check/commision anything required. So, I'd be buying and physically installing the cylinder myself.

There seem to be a large number of options out there (with a multitude of different connecitons) and was hoping for a pointer in the direction of a comparatively simply cylinder.

As I say, any thoiughts appreciated.

Cheers,

iep

Has your plumber got his G3 unvented ticket?

You can't mess around with these things, as they can take the roof off if not fitted to regs.

Im going to wait for the big bang..!

How many plumbers with a G3 certificate have been out to unvented cylinders that have been installed by the un-qualified !

Its against the law. so dont do it and put your life and others at risk.

Get a plumber who has the correct experience and the certificate to install it and notify the local council building control.

I have an agreement with a local plumber where I do the work and then he charges his hourly rate to check/commision anything required. So, I'd be buying and physically installing the cylinder myself.

Thats handy :confused:

The answer to your question is ask your plumber what he's happy with, though Albion & Aristons are ok, but he might like something else

good luck...this type of installation shouldnt even be discussed on this site as untrained and incompetent people undertake jobs like this that are beyond their understanding.

good luck...this type of installation shouldnt even be discussed on this site as untrained and incompetent people undertake jobs like this that are beyond their understanding.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back