Changing my boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking at changing my boiler, Is worchester Bosch a good strong boiler not sure if i should buy 37 cdi or 42cdi.

Can you point me in the right direction
Is bigger better? :!:

Sponsored Links
Worcester Bosch are good boilers, the more powerfull (42cdi) will give you better hot water performance if you have an adequate water main.

Look at the Vaillant ecotec plus and the glow worm ultracom as other options.

Whatever you do avoid "Ideal" as they are junk!

Is bigger better? :!:

Assuming you are talking about a combi boiler - unless you live in a 20 bed mansion the size of the boiler only matters in terms of hot water flow. The bigger the boiler generally the better the hot water. If you are talking about a system boiler then you do not want to go too big.

I have always been a Vaillant fan and steered clear of Worcester because of bad experiences from 10-15 years back. However, I recently had a Worcester 12i fitted (I was talked into it by the fitter who is a mate) and I must say I am 100% impressed. It is the quietest boiler I've ever come across and heated our 20 year old 4 bed bog-standard house though the cold spell with plenty to spare.

Sponsored Links
More recent Worcester combi boilers have been less reliable that I would have expected.

The heat only like the 12Ri are very quiet boilers and easy to install. How reliable they are in 3-5 years we have yet to find out!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back