Changing out a back boiler for a combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just in the process of getting some quotes for replacing my boiler. I have a 3 bedroom house so we are looking a Worcester Greenstar type boiler. I will do all the pipe work up to the new boiler and so I will just need the heating engineer to fit the boiler, put in the flue, commision it etc. I guess that I am looking at a 1-2 days time from the engineer - what sought of price should I take as reasonable for that sort of work?

Can you recommend a heating engineer in the Southampton area?

Sponsored Links
I just in the process of getting some quotes for replacing my boiler. I have a 3 bedroom house so we are looking a Worcester Greenstar type boiler. I will do all the pipe work up to the new boiler and so I will just need the heating engineer to fit the boiler, put in the flue, commision it etc. I guess that I am looking at a 1-2 days time from the engineer - what sought of price should I take as reasonable for that sort of work?

Can you recommend a heating engineer in the Southampton area?

The price would depend on a few points, like whether your existing gas supply is up to the job of a condensing boiler, are the electrics ready to go, is there a room stat installed, trv's, has the condensate drain been sorted? flue positioning........and so on, just depends on the amount of work to be done.

Agree with chrs15.......plus, old system flushed/cleaned, back boiler correctly drained and isolated/removed.

Best guess......500-800 pounds, labour only. Don't forget new boiler will need to be registered by installer.

Thanks for the information, I was looking around the figure of £500 - £750 for labour, so that's helpful. :)

Sponsored Links
Don't forget that the system will need to be properly flushed and cleansed as well. This could take up to a day on its own.

Expect to pay around £250-£300/day + VAT labour only.

Dave

Thanks. I guess that looking at boiler prices on the web, for what I want, then you are looking at around £700-£800 plus flue, programmer etc, so I am looking at around £1K. Then if you add the plumbers time based on your rates, I should be able to get the complete job for around £1.7 - £1.8Kish?

Yes probably, but don't expect the installer to offer any form of warranty on a boiler supplied by yourself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back