£1000-£1500 for supply and fitting (Soton Area) best combi?

I think the OP realises that Kevin.

Best to look and come up with a realistic price for a good job, when you know what needs to be done.

Sponsored Links
been doing it a long time and rarely do i need to see a job to know what the basic price will be. price is always a big factor for anyone including the installer!!
the customer wants value for money but it cannot be at the installers expense he has to make a living as well!!
at the end of the day the customer gets what he pays for! if he goes cheap it will cost him more in the long run as cheap boilers = more breakdowns and expensive parts

In fairness to the OP, he said he had a budget, which as it happens is too low, he/she didn't say they want cheap, and recognises that it will be more than.

I still say the best way is to see the job and price it, when you know what work is involved.

A 4bed with zoning and additions to current regs, is going to be £2-2.5k as an average, and without a doubt there's plenty of cowboys and illegals that will take your cash upfront and chuck something in for much less, whether you get all the paperwork and it's safe to use is another story, but they will be long gone and don't care.

How much would you guys roughly charge for a straight swap for a conventional boiler, excluding the cost of boiler/materials etc..

Sponsored Links
How much would you guys roughly charge for a straight swap for a conventional boiler, excluding the cost of boiler/materials etc..

In my area (Humberside) price start from combi boiler swap from £900 and conversion from heat only to combi for £1200 (those prices include a boiler)

Have you asked anyone in your area for quotes?

In my area (Humberside) price start from combi boiler swap from £900 and conversion from heat only to combi for £1200 (those prices include a boiler)

Have you asked anyone in your area for quotes?

Thanks for the reply, I had a quote for £700 for 2 days labour for a straight swap for the convential boiler, changing several radiator valves and flushing. Is this a responable price?

Very, but if you are supplying, make damn sure you have EVERYTHING on site a week before and check with the installer.

If stuff is missing don't be surprised if you get penalised.

I personally hate "fit only" jobs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back