Best boiler for £1000-£1500 (fitted)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. What's the best/most reliable boiler for up to £1500 (fitted) for a 2 bed maisonette? Are there are brands/particular boilers to stay away from?

Any recommendations for the Portsmouth/Southsea area?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
There are many brands to stay away from, there are probably more rubbish than good ones out there. Don't have anything Italian or British. If you're looking at a combi boiler you'll be lucky to get anything decent supplied and fitted for under £1500 unless it's virtually a straight swap, a heat only of course is often easier and therefore cheaper (and cheaper to buy as well).

As ADL said, get some reputable local companies around to quote and see what prices they come up with, installation costs vary wildly job to job.

I could supply and fit most non combi boilers for about £1500 including Viessmann, Intergas and Vaillant!

Combis a bit more depending on make and assuming this is a replacement.

Get Kevindagas to quote you! I will ask him to post here. Or you can do a search.

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
I could supply and fit most non combi boilers for about £1500 including Viessmann, Intergas and Vaillant!

Combis a bit more depending on make and assuming this is a replacement.

Get Kevindagas to quote you! I will ask him to post here. Or you can do a search.

Tony Glazier

he's a man of his word, so here i am
yes i could most likely help you there are a few decent boilers that would fit the bill. assuming the system is ok apart from the boiler then i would be able to get inside the £1,500 budget. give me a call in the morning and we can discuss your needs

kev
Dereham Services
Southampton

[I'm confused. Why is Kevin quoting from Southampton, and not Tony, when the OP is in London, Tony's patch?

Any recommendations for the Portsmouth/Southsea area?

Weekend flat?

Not only does Kevin cover all southern England, but he even comes to London to do repair jobs.

He does have to rely on us locals for out of hours spare parts though!

I expect the OP has a Pied à Terre close to his boat mooring at Portsmouth!

Not only does Kevin cover all southern England, but he even comes to London to do repair jobs.

He does have to rely on us locals for out of hours spare parts though!

I expect the OP has a Pied à Terre close to his boat mooring at Portsmouth!

I wish! It's a let property - same one I posted about regarding dodgy engineer repairs. Turned out that the insurers won't get involved now because we had someone else try to fix it before instructing them so I've decided to ditch it alltogether and fit a new one. I've had a quote for £1400 for a Vaillant Eco Tech Pro 24 (fitted). I'm told it's a very reliable boiler...?

ask for his gas safe card

If he doesn't have one is he legally prohibited from carrying out boiler repairs? I doubt the letting agent will have instructed him if he wasn't official. I would ask but to be honest I'd rather just move on from the experience; I don't have time to be taking poople to court and it's not likely I'd get much towards a new boiler from him anyway.

ask him anyway
and if he carry out the work keep a recored of it
and see check with kev as well

I wish! It's a let property - same one I posted about regarding dodgy engineer repairs. Turned out that the insurers won't get involved now because we had someone else try to fix it before instructing them so I've decided to ditch it alltogether and fit a new one. I've had a quote for £1400 for a Vaillant Eco Tech Pro 24 (fitted). I'm told it's a very reliable boiler...?

the pro is OK i've fitted a couple, i prefer the 831 but as money is an issue the pro24 will give a resonable performance (although the hot water might be a little cooler)
as said make sure you see the GSR card BEFORE allowing work to start. any bonafide engineer will be pleased to show his card.

good luck
kev

Not only does Kevin cover all southern England,

not quite!! hants/dorset up to wilts (salisbury) and for friends i will go a little further out (regular customers from my previous addresses!) with the rising/escalating fuel costs i am trying to limit travelling to 30 mile radius!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back