Best combi boiler for under £1000 supply only

HRE 36/30.....is that cos it's gross heat input, not badly named.
;)

so why are you comparing an intergas 36kw boiler to that 43kw ecotec 837? ;)

btw dan the intercombi would has an 32.7kw output as well.

Sponsored Links
To the OP is still reading and to anyone else just reading...

Its obvious that every installer has his own opinion!

To many, irrespective of the physics, its the heat output shown in the brochure that is important.

The brochure figures can be misleading as there is no standard to quote on. Some show it as the figure when the boiler is condensing and others when it is not!

A boiler will give a higher flow rate when the incoming water is raised from 5-40 C than it will if raised from 15-50 C.

Installers like to make money from their work and feel they are better able to sell their services when the brochures overstate the boiler performance!

It should be obvious but Intergas and Atmos are both boilers from the same manufacturer but to a slightly different spec.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I had to re read the specs to realise that the intergas wasn't actually a 36kw boiler....another floor in the training day at intergas where all at the table quite openly told Te MD that the flow rates for a 36kw boiler were crap,neither he nor Vince then turned round and said wait it's only a 32.

Opinions are opinions,nice to see te atmos and intergas installers sticking together,personally From looking at them our local independent and the day at intergas I think they're crap.

:LOL: I agree dan.

lcgs, different stokes for different folks but I very must see the elegance in design. to take the one boiler and make it fit so many different jobs from water heater to open vented combi. to do it with few parts is the cherry on top:LOL:

not to say there is nothing I want to change about it :LOL: also want a intergas opentherm pro room stat, using an remeha isense is a little ironic

Lee, it would be better to step back and consider the boiler itself.

I agree that the way they are presented and the way some ( all ? ) of those at Bromsgrove present them does not do full justice to their potential.

Perhaps I am in a minority as I tend to just look at the engineering aspects and disregard any individuals or exaggerated claims being made.

The reality is that its quite a good idea to design a big solid heat exchanger and heat that to a set temperature and then take the heat out for DHW or CH as required. I dont think there is any other boiler which would survive having no system or DHW water.

Having said all these good things about them, I will also mention one aspect that is concerning me. Last May we were told of a modification which reduces the total height significantly and makes them much more benificial to specify. We were told then that it would be available in the UK in four weeks! Four weeks later it was another four weeks! Then another four weeks! Now its shown as 24 weeks from last May.

I recommended this last May for a lady I know socially because she has a very compact kitchen. She seems to blame me for the delay in the model becoming available. I am going to a small party at her place next Saturday, I wonder what she is going to be saying to me then.

Since the model is freely available in Holland, it does not seem very difficult for them to get one just for me. I have found many other manufacturers to be very helpful to me indeed. Potterton Parts Director sent me something at no charge and later said " If we had not helped Tony with this problem then the whole world would have known about it". So have Ideal and some smaller manufacturers !

You have to make up your own mind about Intergas and the UK sales office. To me its a somewhat innovative product which is rather marred by a less that ideal technical promotion from both sales and the performance data being quoted.

I asked my local Plumbase senior guy about them. He said he could quote for them and order them but admitted that he knew nothing about them, had never seen one and had no idea who their sales rep was!

Now if I was a sales rep, I would never sleep at night if anyone at any merchant did not know me by name and sight!

Tony

:LOL: I agree dan.

lcgs, different stokes for different folks but I very must see the elegance in design. to take the one boiler and make it fit so many different jobs from ]water heater to open vented combi. to do it with few parts is the cherry on top:LOL:

not to say there is nothing I want to change about it :LOL: also want a intergas opentherm pro room stat, using an remeha isense is a little ironic

The cost of using the 32 kilowatt combi as only a multi-point and ignoring the heating side, which give 13 litres of hot water per minute, is around £850. That is efficient condensing as well making it cheaper to run. That is a very well priced multi-point. The current multi-point models available only give 9 litres per minute and are exactly cheap.

The point of using the Intergas open vented appeals to me. It makes it simple.

What would you like to see changed?

Depends which version you are referring to.... The Intergas? Well the whole layout really. Better syphon, integral EXPV, get rid of the silly clock and get better flue options.

In the Atmos - bring the price down, change the little internal knuckle at the bottom of the flue (that people are referring to as blocking), higher head pump as standard, software less twitchy about temperature differences between S1 and S2 (really screws the Thermal Store operations and make the S1 and S2 sensor wires less prone to lose connections.

These are truly gnit picking issues though and I had to think hard about them.

We have installed several where one side or other of the HE is not connected where the boiler needed changing urgently, but there future upgrades planned to the system as a whole.

Intergas .............first last always...........less is more...........

if you want efficient simplicity.........no one seems to have serious problems
with them..........any dissenters please post facts as opposed to unsubstantiated opinions if its a serious post.

+1, top boiler.

Can i revive a thread to ask the same question on best boiler in 2020

Is it valiant which i was looking at or something else - I just need a 25KW boiler smallish for a two bed flat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back