Best power shower method from Combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Please excuse me if this has been asked 1000 times before, did a search but didn't find anyting on Wiki.

There are 4 of us in the house ( bungalow ), shower room and separate bathroom but bath is very seldom used, family use the shower in the morning.

I currently have a combi boiler and electric shower. I'm going to re fit the shower room and want to fit a shower with some decent pressure behind it.
What is the best method to get good water flow , do I have to fit a hot water tank in my loft ?

Thanks.

Kenny.

Sponsored Links
depending on water pressure /flowrate

you can run a mixer shower direct from a combi

other option is storage tank / hot water cylinder connected to the combi on a "s" plan and a shower booster pump :idea:

Sponsored Links
I have to disagree. As long as you have a good mains water supply, a combi with a good combi-compatible shower will give you all you need, with far less complication.

Thanks guys.
I think what I'll do is fit a temp rubber shower head to my bath mixer tap and see what the flow is like.

Nobody seems to have addressed the question which is being asked, which is about fitting a power shower to a combi. The answer, and I think most people will agree, is that you don't and you can't. Water from a combi is (should be) at a good mains oressure and will produce a good shower through a simple mixer or more complex balanced or thermostatic shower. Adding a pump to drag hot water directly from a combi is a thing not to be contemplated lightly.

Your description implies further questions. You might want to run two showers at once. Is your combi powerful enough? Is your mains pressure and flow rate good enough? Are you prepared for the expense and trouble of fitting a supplementary tank and pump to provide enough water for two showers and maybe taps too? You might want to sit tight with your electric, pathetic though it may be.

So, if I go down the fitting of a tank, what is the simplest method of getting a system .
Is it a hot water tank with electric immersion coil with a pump supplying the shower mixer valve ?

I wont be running two showers at the same time, nor a bath and shower but someone could run the hot tap in the kitchen when shower is on.

Hang on we all seem to be getting confused here. You should be able to run a shower mixer direct off your combi. Get a combi-compatible mixer, no need to go to all the trouble and expense of a hot water cylinder and pump unless your mains pressure is absolutely carp

i am just putting in a new bathroom and am looking at the pod type shower with the body jets and putting in a combi , however i want the shower to be quite powerful so what do you recon? i like the pod idea but i want a powerful shower like you get in a hotel

i am just putting in a new bathroom and am looking at the pod type shower with the body jets and putting in a combi , however i want the shower to be quite powerful so what do you recon? i like the pod idea but i want a powerful shower like you get in a hotel

Unvented hot water cylinder is a good way to go , if mains pressure is an issue then a break tank can be used to boost pressure...................any combi will struggle to supply the demand you're after , Vaillant 937 included. ;)

Most domestic dwellings will require a 32mm main in order to cope with these type situations.

when i had the idea of putting in a new bathroom i was excited! now not so much! here is a spin off from origonal question, i realy like the pod with the steam and the body jets , however i do want a powerful shower, and i want to put rads in the upstairs rooms in the house (i have no central heating at min) abd i wanted to get rid of the cylinder cupboard in bath room, now half of what i want requires a combi and half requires a cylinder with a pump if im not mistaken? now unfortunately i dont have brandsons wallet and i havent got a clue about plumbing as you can probably tell so here is the biggie.....

WHAT DO I DO??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back