Changing PRV.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just a few more quick ones in relation to my post on weds 3rd, re 'pressure problems after bleeding rads.'

1.Does anyone know how easy it is to change the PRV on a SD30e combi ?

2. Will letting the pressure out of the rads be sufficient, or will l have to drain the boiler ?

3. Do l need to turn off the flow and return pipes taps/stop cocks ?

4. After 7 days of topping up the system - 3/4 times a day- will l need to flush the system and/or add more inhibitor ?

5. will it be better to check the expansion vessel pressure whilst the PRV is removed or when the new one is installed in place ?

Thanks for any advice.
Bob.

Sponsored Links
1. Just check the pipe that goes out the wall, the end of it should be going to your PRV, match it to your new one you bought. Easiest thing to do, couple of union nuts and you can figure the rest out.

2. Drain fully from old PRV.

3. Nope

4. Shouldn't need to.

5. Doesn't matter, if your vessel is intact, i.e no water from the valve then all you need to worry about is making sure there is about 1/2 bar air pressure, top the rest of the pressure via the filling loop.

I'm no expert on boilers but that's what I did when I had to change a PRV. Seems to be fine now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back