Changing Roller Blind

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help me here.
Recently moved into a new flat, and wanting to change the roller blind in the bathroom (or at least just take it down and give it a good clean).

I've looked at the fitting, and it doesn't look self-explanatory (not to me, anyway!). Checked out some youtube and other forums, but nothing helping me here. I've attached some pics of the fitting.

I've tried pushing it to the left and "wiggling" (not highly technical I know!) - and doing the same to the right :)

If anyone has seen a fitting like this and can offer any advice, it'd be much appreciated. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
looks like Argos standard.

The cord ratchet assembly is integral to the blind, not the wall bracket. The blind does NOT move left to right.

Usually the non-cord end is easiest to detach.

At the other end, the blind will have a pin or tang which latches into the bracket.

Try pushing the blind end away from you, or pulling it towards you, and up or down; there is a convoluted channel the pin fits into, whch eventually leads to the outside.

It probably is Argos, I've no idea, I'm just renting!

Apologies, I wasn't clear, it's not the blind I've been pushing / pulling, it's the unit it's attached to (the pole with the blind attached).

Will continue to try and manoeuvre it out!

Owain means the roller at the top with the blind wrapped round. push or pull while slightly lifting the end opposite the cord.

Sponsored Links
Normally a lock in the end opposite the chain, usually just push to release, sometimes a small screwdriver will release.

It's pretty common for one of the two wall brackets to have a plastic insert which slides out - you can then slide that side out. It may be at the top of the bracket, or it may be on the bottom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back