Changing room thermostat for WiFi

Sponsored Links
Hi Dan

I'm back.

I'm just about to install the new Honeywell CMT921 wifi system.

I note that Honeywell show the controller at a height of 1.2 metres. This seems rather low on the wall.

Is there any reason why it can't go a little higher, say 1.4 metres?

James

It is the height they consider optimum for comfort - and perhaps people in wheelchairs.

At worst you will need to adjust the settings to compensate, but I doubt 20cms will make much difference.

Sponsored Links
It's more about look on the wall, than anything else. The recommended height looks a little silly on the wall.

Since posting my original request, I have set the system up, but am finding that the digital display seems to be showing all icons on the screen, which seems wrong to me.

Have you ever come across this problem?

James

Your remark is uncalled for mickyg.

We are not all knowledgeable on these controls, but thankfully there are people like Dan who is prepared to help.

Oh, I can be horribly belligerent if my spidey senses start tingling.

If the display is showing all the symbols you might have a lemon.

POst up a picture and let us see.

An email to Honeywell often pays dividends in matters of faults. It helps them find any production run problems.

Tried pulling batteries. but no change. I will return it.

Many thanks Dan for your help.

Just a point, apart from the readout, the system works fine.

James

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back