Changing the stereo and speakers in a Renault kangoo 2008

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys is this something a novice can attempt, I want to change the stereo in my girlfriends kangoo and also upgrade the speaker how do I remove the cover and do the speakers unscrew or are they riveted in place? ???
Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
For the radio itself, look for two holes either side of the set - using 'pronged' removers, pop them in the holes, pull slightly outwards and the set can be withdrawn.
You should get replacement set connectors - and the removal prongs - from the likes of Halfords.
Clio speakers are screwed into the door skin behind the grilles - maybe the Kangoo is the same? Either way its no big deal to drill rivets out.
John :)

Cheers John these speakers are in the dash need to remove the cover and have a look tonight many thanks for your help mate

Ah right, the ones in the dash corners?
For once, Renault got the design right - a screw either side of the dash - doors open - and the dash top is held down with poppers. Carefully does it - I have a large plastic spatula which helps a bit.

Sponsored Links
Your a star John that's the info I was after used to work as a valeter /polisher at a big garage and knew there's a nack to striping cheers mate I know how to get the stereo out it was just the speaker grills.
Do you think the speakers have clips to pop in and out or the wires be soldered in ?

The speakers have their own plastic plug - which may or may not fit the new ones :(
Again, Halfords or motor factors may do a conversion plug.
Hope it goes well!

Back