changing to downlights

True. I'll check tonight, think it is 1.5mm but in all honesty it should all come out of there really. You wouldn't beleive the state the old light connections were in.

Is there a maximum you should have running off one switch, ie 6 light fittings around one living room, or 10 50w downlights etc
(I'm not planning on putting ten in my bathroom don't worry,) I just wondered if there are limits (reasonable ones obviously, I mean I know 200 downlights off one switch might just be pushing it)

Cheers

Sponsored Links
light switches are usually rated at 5 or 10 amps. It will say on the back of the switch 5AX or 10AX dont ask what the X stands for.

You can normally switch the entire load of a light circuit with one switch.

At work we have 600 watts of electronic flourescents on one switch. On the shop floor we have 8640 watts of old fluorescents on one switch. Work that one out ;) :LOL: Clue: the switch controls a bank of relays

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back