Changing two way light switch

Tried to send you a personal message using the forums " conversation" facility ,but it appears that your account will not allow it ??

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Please let us know what it was.
I
Supplementary question

Top floor switch is the end of this circuit and controls pendant light in centre of room and the landing ligh in the hallway outside that room

Wire had become detached as I discovered when I removed the old switch plate

But there are only five wires not the six I would need to crest the inverted triangles illustrated above.

Both lights used to work so what configuration would make the new switch control both lights once more?

Thanks again in Advance
View the pics from the post above ,the single red is the switched live to the hall light ,and the T&E connected to the same gang is the switch cable for the bedroom ,EFL.

Last edited:
View the pics from the post above ,the single red is the switched live to the hall light
Yes.

,and the T&E connected to the same gang is the switch cable for the bedroom ,EFL.
Ok.

So how did the two-way strappers, when connected to the other switch switch on the hall light?

Post #13
So that’s given me power to the landing light but not the pendant in the room.

Yes.

Ok.

So how did the two-way strappers, when connected to the other switch switch on the hall light?

Post #13
The strappers connected to the second gang would do absolutely nothing ,just sit there. The switch for the hall light turned the hall light on/ off ,as the bedroom switch cable was connected to that gang providing the voltage. Obviously the other two way ,on the lower floor , wouldn't do anything .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back