Chase cutter for concrete block wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1960s extension, hard concrete block internal wall.
To put a power shower on that wall I need to chase for the 15mm copper feed pipe, and the electric of course.

Any recommendation for a power chaser? Probably just for this job, but one never knows.

Never fitted a power shower, how deep do I need to set the pipe?

I'll wrap it in Denso.

Sponsored Links
The Metabo is well reviewed on youtube by various trades, even allowing for self interest. Expensive with the vacuum though for a one off job. The alternative is an sds drill plus spade bit.

Small angle grinder and a stone cutting blade, cut the chase either side then just chisel out. No point in buying a wall chaser just for one job IMO.

Sponsored Links
Thankyou gentlemen.
I've since realised that if I choose a shower with top entry I could surface-run the pipe, chrome, and just need to sink the cable.
A chaser would be useful elsewhere though.

I have the Titan. As an occasion use tool it is fine.

The dust extraction port accepts the hose from my Festool dust extractors.

As mentioned, you can use a regular angle grinder but it will be very messy. It will also be difficult to set the depth.

A big advantage of a chaser is that it will cut both slots at the same time.

It will also be difficult to set the depth.
Just mark the bade at the given depth with a sharpie. I have used a mini circular saw with a stone blade in it in the past until I bought one. I just got someone else to wear gloves and glasses and hold the hoover tube close to it.

If there's a will ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back