Depth and directions for shower pipe chase

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I want to cut the chases to run 15mm hot and cold pipes to a mixer shower: https://www.diy.com/departments/mai...ver-mixer-shower-with-diverter/1618581_BQ.prd

The photo shows the current pipe runs, and the planned position of the shower. the 2nd photo shows the detail of the pipes going into the wall (from the bottom up they are hot, gas, cold)
The wall is an internal breeze block wall, which I'm going to tile (or have tiled).
I'm going to get a professional in to do the plumbing, and would like to get the chases cut in the next couple of days (before I'll have chance to speak to him).

Would I run the chase across and then up (as in the photo, but a bit less wriggly!)? Also how deep and wide should I make the chase?

Many thanks for your help, Stephen

Attachments

• DSCN4693v2.jpg
    DSCN4693v2.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 889
  • DSCN4695.jpg
    DSCN4695.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 206
Sponsored Links
1 It's highly likely your plumber carries a smartphone; email him and ask.

2 Two vertical chases centres 150mm apart, deep enough to accommodate 15mm pipes with 9mm insulation i.e. 40mm minimum, from floor to shower position may be a better option than random horizontals both from the point of view of wall strength and future tradesmen knowing where not to drill.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back