chasing in shower supply pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just about to replace our ancient, all-in-one, fibre glass shower pod with a quadrant shower tray + glass enclosure and have been thinking about how to best hide the supply pipes to the surface mounted mixer valve.
Previous shower was mounted in the fibre glass pod with pipes running up between pod and wall. I'd like to chase the pipes into the wall but am a bit concerned about reg's access etc.

Wall = breeze block external wall
Pipes = copper with soldered 90deg bend out to shower valve and joined to isolating valves under shower tray with stainless flexi. One join from flexi to copper would be in wall (bad thing I know).

Pipes will never be easily removable (without tile removal) if chased in cos of the 90deg bend at shower valve so any advice on what the best thing to do would be much appreciated?

Sponsored Links
why do you want flexis just use copper straight through.
and isolation valves under shower tray.

solder or bend a 90 degree in your copper pipe. there should be a gap at the bottom of you wall where you can then thread the copper pipe up the wall and out whereu need to have your mixer valve.

Sponsored Links
using flexis to join supply pipes to the shower pipes as the previous install had a couple of compression fittings behind the shower pod (which I've binned) and this means the pipe with shower chromed nuts on is not long enough now.

I guess the best answer is to fit new soldered copper or plastic from isolating valves up to shower as you say?

Which is better in breeze block - copper or plastic?

Cheers for the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back