chasing in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

just a quicky

I have been chasing in single and double socket boxes in single brick block today on a school extension

The finish will be a 12.5 mil single board dot and dab , the depth of my chase was 15 mil with 10 mil over the chase (25 mil boxes going in) the dry wall contractor advised me I could surface mount the boxes as the single board and dot and dab would be about 40 mil , this seems big to me bearing in mind the board is 12.5 mil surely the final finish wouldnt be 27.5 mil !

Sponsored Links
Many plastering contractors are happy with 25mm boxes directly onto block walls.

I am suprised the walls are being dry lined - schools will suffer many knocks and the walls be damaged so quickly. Schools are usually rendered and plastered with 'hard wall'.

the problem with 25mm boxes and dot n dab is that the board covers half of the knockout if it's flush to the surface..

40mm does sound awfully deep though unless he's double boarding? but you can't do that dot n dab can you?

is it foam backed board by any chance?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back