Cheap concealed cistern - replace button with flush plate?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I was hoping someone could help or at least tell me there's nothing on the market for what I'm after.
I bought a cheapo cistern kit from eBay, something almost identical to:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/aquabliss...?pt=UK_Bathroom_Mats_Rugs&hash=item1c286c394e

I don't like the button that comes with it, I've seen some really nice flush plates for the pricier concealed cistern kits. Does anyone know of a flush plate that would fit the flexible cable type of system as in the cistern I have?

Thanks,

Simon

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Blimey, even plumbers are allowed kip time.

Are there any labels/markings to indicate the make of the cistern or any of the parts therein.
A picture tells a thousand words.

I might be wrong, but I think push plates are normally used on pneumatic valves.

Sponsored Links
Sorry! I just wanted it to stay on the first page.

Good point about pictures, I'll take some tomorrow - going to sneak 18 holes in now before it snows again! I suspect you're right about the plates, but wanted to check on the forum before cutting the tile for the button.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, pictures on the way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back