Cheap, temporary insulation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What's a good cheap, temporary insulator? I've got various gaps that aren't going to be filled for somewhere between 1 and 2 weeks and I'd like to stop losing heat out of them. Have run out of old duvets, am thinking maybe flour, free newspapers and water?

Sponsored Links
spray foam?
hang about down the tip and grab any polystyrene going into the skips? cut it to size and wedge it in..
of ask on freecycle, someone is bound to have bits of packaging polystyrene from anything new they've bought..

Considering you can currently get 4ft wide rolls of loft insulation for just £5 at B&Q & other outlets it's a not worth looking for older stuff from skips

Filled my campervan up with it & currently adding a second layer all over the loft :p

Sponsored Links
I did the polystyrene at first and replaced it with the fibreglass lung slayer, I mean, err insulation from B & Q :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back