Cheap tiller... worked brilliantly! Then it didn't...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This thread is just for interest really, you can see the repair I had to make after I snagged a disused oil pipe in the garden.

In solving one problem I created at least one more, namely the repair meant the Class II tool was no longer class II...
full

I made up a plate, loads of faffing about with a template and pieces of scrap before deploying the hot metal gun to renforce and provide some other means for the handles to attach to, taking the load off the casing.
full

full

Not shown on this image is the earthing arrangment. Unfortunately, the cable to the motor from the handle was 4 core and needed to to be 5, and the cable with the mains plug was only two core and of course needed to be 3.. By the time I've spent all this time and money on it I was determined to finish the mod.

full

Here's the mod without any housing etc, all ready for installation

full

Done!!! Ready to roll, I hope it'll last, and be safe!

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
And take a bow Nozzle. Very nicely done.

Now what's the make so we can avoid it.

Sponsored Links
And take a bow Nozzle. Very nicely done.

Now what's the make so we can avoid it.

I wouldn't want to bad mouth the budget German supermarket that infrequently stocks these things. It really did do a great job for hours and hours right up until I snagged that hidden pipe, which is probably beyond what it was designed to cope with.

Nozzle

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back