cheaper option

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi helpers, anyone know the cheaper option to the BAL 2 part flexible powder/liquid ?

I am going to tile the en suite only 2.5 sq mts onto chipboard its not ideal to overboard thanks P M

Sponsored Links
weber set rapid plus and weber ad250 can be used onto chipboard as a 2 part adhesive.

However I would still overboard with hardibacker board personally and then use a SPF adhesive. I'd stay clear of tiling directly onto chipboard

Sponsored Links
yeh I get what your saying so i keep reading lol why does it say BAL 2 part fastflex is suitable for tile on backerboards, glazed tiles, T & G floorboards plywood overlay, floating plywood/CHIPBOARD floors etc etc

read the small print or ring technical.

They will say all chipboard joints have to be glued (they never are!)

Chipboard will have to be screwed every 300 mm into joists (most joists are 400/450mm apart)

If using moisture resistant chipboard you will also have to sand the top surface as the adhesive will not adhere to the chipboard as it is moisture resistant.

If all the above are done then a 2 part will be fine but in most cases the above is not done.

hence easier using hardibacker and using a good spf.

Remember the adhesive will bend but the tiles won't!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back