Check Valve, or not

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a problem with CH radiators heating upstairs, when CH is turned off, and hot water is turned on. I believe this is a common problem with gravity fed hot water systems.

I believe the cause of this is that the CH system is as good as acting as a gravity fed heating system itself. Looking around a number of posts, a solution suggested is to fit a check valve into the CH circuit, to stem the flow of water.

Is this correct, and where would the check valve need to be fitted ? Does it need to be fitted on the pump side, if so, before or after the pump ...

Bit of a novice when it comes to CH, any advice would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Good chance one is already fitted and is seized partially open.

But if not it should go on the CH flow pipe on about 2 foot from boiler

What boiler have you got in,if you can get accsess to the pipework easy enough by the boiler just fit one coming off the flow,is it a back boiler ?

Sponsored Links
in work at the mo, so not sure the exact model of boiler. As far as I can remember it's a Baxi, is free standing in a downstairs cupboard, with fairly easy acces to all pipework.

Sorry can't be more technically accurate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back