Cheese and Owen.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This story reminded me of when Walkers brought out some flavoured crisps named after England players.

I also remember 'Smokey Beckham' and 'Salt and Lineker'. We had the family round at the time and many of the kids were having lunch and were eating their crisps and they tried making up more crisp flavours. We laugh about it now but you could have heard a pin drop when our daughter suggested 'Salt and Seamen'! :eek:

Sponsored Links
This story reminded me of when Walkers brought out some flavoured crisps named after England players.

I also remember 'Smokey Beckham' and 'Salt and Lineker'. We had the family round at the time and many of the kids were having lunch and were eating their crisps and they tried making up more crisp flavours. We laugh about it now but you could have heard a pin drop when our daughter suggested 'Salt and Seamen'! :eek:

My first giggle of the day. :giggle:

I had the hindsight to keep a pack of unopened Salt and Lineker crisps. In the hope it would be a collectable.

The pack could be worth a £1 by now. Not bad, I think I paid 30p.

In a poll taken at the time between England goalkeepers Tim Flowers and David Seamen, 97% of ladies preferred Seamen over Flowers.

Sponsored Links
Other stuff that you used to see all of the time, but no more:

- cassette tape (innards) strung out in roadside hedges
- ring-pulls from pop cans (we used to flick them, frisbee-like, with the other part of the pull)
- the fabled white dog sh!t

Back when summers were long, and Britain was "Great" :D

A playing card in your bike spokes, to make it sound like a motorbike :ROFLMAO:

Plastic bread bag tags, clipped onto your brake cables (y)

Jumpers for goalposts……..

My Dulcie plays football . The Parents have a WhatsApp group.

Message goes out the other night for training . " Be sure the Girls wear Skins."

Skins in my day was that one team played with no tops on.

I felt a joke coming out but thought "better leave it"

Sponsored Links
Back