Cherry Tree

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our cherry tree had a ghastly problem where the leaves would curl up and be full of a black gooey mess inside. It also had lots of ants all over it, I seen a programme on tv about a fungus that lands on the ants head which makes it climb up the tree, I wondered if this was what the black gooey mess was.

At the start of the spring I decided to put a 2 inch band of grease around the bark, and it worked. no ants and no gooey leaves. The tree looks great, next problem. Stopping the birds stealing the cherries, yet to get one off it. lol

Sponsored Links
Our cherry tree had a ghastly problem where the leaves would curl up and be full of a black gooey mess inside. It also had lots of ants all over it, I seen a programme on tv about a fungus that lands on the ants head which makes it climb up the tree, I wondered if this was what the black gooey mess was.

At the start of the spring I decided to put a 2 inch band of grease around the bark, and it worked. no ants and no gooey leaves. The tree looks great, next problem. Stopping the birds stealing the cherries, yet to get one off it. lol

I grease band all my fruit trees, mainly for the climbing moths.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back