Cherrypicker

I always find it cheaper and more convenient to get scaffolding erected.
You don't have to worry about position, building it, dismantling, fuel, etc.
It is impossible to fall from a well erected scaffold.
You don't have to rush the job because usually they don't mind you keeping it for an extra week.

Sponsored Links
Notwithstanding the absence of proper training, I'm surprised you've gone ahead and hired the thing, and then started asking strangers who may be similarly untrained, for tips on how to do it. I could have painted that lot off a ladder quicker than this thread has gone on:D.

Notwithstanding the absence of proper training, I'm surprised you've gone ahead and hired the thing, and then started asking strangers who may be similarly untrained, for tips on how to do it. I could have painted that lot off a ladder quicker than this thread has gone on:D.
That said, if you'd fallen from the top you'd at the very least have come away with some catastrophic injuries.

Sponsored Links
Unbelievable they let untrained people hire gear like this, totally irresponsible.
As well as that, it might make them liable if there is an accident, as they will have hired a potentially v. dangerous piece of kit to someone without any training. So I am surprised that firms hire these out without seeing their training certificate (or whatever).

As well as that, it might make them liable if there is an accident, as they will have hired a potentially v. dangerous piece of kit to someone without any training. So I am surprised that firms hire these out without seeing their training certificate (or whatever).
They probably put something in the hire agreement along the lines of "the equipment hired will only be used by qualified personnel with relevant training".
You know people, they sign anything without reading, until the shyte hits the fan.

Are you sure? 7 or 8 metres to soffits

How accurate are those 2 levels?
There's even a screw missing.
I thought you were using your own levels.
Actually 2 foot level was giving a different level mark when placed on base. Even with screw missing surely it was accurate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back