Children should pay for their own education - Get them self reliant early

Status
Not open for further replies.
The conclusions cannot be made based on the data. Simple as that.
When the data supports and reinforces previously held suspicions and assumptions, it should confirm those suspicions and assumptions.
Or you ignore it because it is inconvenient and challenges your perception.

We do not know, the education levels by age of the sample. Nobody on this thread has made an argument that it is valid to compare the education levels of a 65 year old with that of a 30 year old, for the likely reason that 30 year olds are more likely to be educated to degree level.
So therefore it is a logical assumption that younger people are probably better educated.

Therefore the conclusion that labour voters are better educated that conservative cannot be made, once we take account of the difference in voting age.
If younger people are better educated (reasonable assumption) and Labour voters tend to be younger than Tory voters, (based on evidence) it is a reasonable extrapolation that Labour voters are better educated than Tory voters.

Couple that with the latest polls and there cannot be argument (by inference) that the conservatives are deliberately dumbing down the electorate by under funding education in order to secure votes. Its beyond stupid.
Who made that (by inference) assertion?

Sponsored Links
When the data supports and reinforces previously held suspicions and assumptions, it should confirm those suspicions and assumptions.
Or you ignore it because it is inconvenient and challenges your perception.

Good grief!

it aint hard.

University degrees are far more commonplace now, with almost 50% going to uni.

there including degree level as a higher education level, means nothing.

how showing showing a graph of 'better educated', or 'professional qualifications'.

As I said my father qualified as an accountant, that is now a degree course.

your assumption that 'better education' is based on degree being a higher accolade of qualifications or intelligence than other non degree qualifications is rubbish.

Im sure nuns in habits are highly qualified. :ROFLMAO:

Perhaps I need to repeat correlation and causation.

You pick two random people on the street, you ask them their age and you have a certain predictor to their voting intention. Ask a few more questions like education level and you can improve that prediction.

A better indicator would be to see how well informed people are about current topics, economics etc?

Sponsored Links
Based on the link - to baseline the data (very roughly) and compare education levels. Here is an example:

If we have two sets of people 1 set is made up of 45 year olds and the the other set is made up of 35 year olds: We look at the two sets and conclude that 25% of the 45 year olds have degrees and 35% of the 35 year olds have degrees. You'd be a moron to say the 35 year olds are better educated. Why? The set of 45 year olds are educated to a higher level than their piers - they are easily well within the upper 50%ile, the 35 year olds on the other hand fall in the Lower 50%ile, by some way.

And that is without even comparing the pass mark levels between the two, which also shows fewer 3rds and above in the 45 year old set vs the 35 year old set.
A better indicator would be to see how well informed people are about current topics, economics etc?

A much better approach.

Last edited:

That is certainly true.

the majority of people are not informed. Or indeed that interested. On that basis many just vote the same way as they always have.

A much better approach.

If you want to generate a survey based on your own prejudices, feel free.

However the one I linked shows voting pattern according to various criteria.

One of them was education.

People of low education are more likely to vote tory.

You might not like it (you obviously don't) but it's true.

Stop whinging.

People of low education are more likely to vote tory.

You might not like it (you obviously don't) but it's true.

Stop whinging.

Well that's me in the clear then :LOL: as I have never voted Tory ;)

was this caper in the recent Momentum circular/ propaganda material distributed to its members ;);)

Not prejudice. Just more intelligent and relevant.

No, not various criteria.
Pointless criteria.

Divided by Gcse and degree

You said people of low education likely to vote Tory.
Untrue, you mean high level qualifications not degree based are not included.

'You might not like it, but its true.'
No it is not true.

'Stop whinging'
Ha ha you are the one whinging.

Poor old JohnD, so desperate is he to prove Labour voters are somehow of better calibre than Tory voters he needs to believe meaningless statistics. I expect he thinks Labour won the last election

Last edited:
poor old notch dribbling more nonsense.

No change there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back