Chimney cooker hood fitted but sticky plastic left on. HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I had a cooker hood fitted, it doesn't vent to the outside but instead re-circulates, however there was sticky plastic all over to protect the stainless steel I had to ask the fitter to take the unit down and take off the sticky as it was too hard once up but he put it back up and it wasn't 'til a few weeks later that I noticed there is plastic stuck all behind the vents up on the sides. I really know nothing about this but I'm sure this can't be right. Surely the unit will not be working with this sticky plastic on?

Please help as the guy has gone awol with the instructions too.

Sponsored Links
Does the plastic actually cover the vents? IIRC the vents are usually on the sides, so plastic left on the back of the chimney wont affect the extractor.

Then you need to get up there and peel it off then. ;) Nothing else for it.

Sponsored Links
Thanks ever so much.
I thought as much. The numptie has also siliconed where the hood meets the wall so it's going to make a right mess!
There goes my Sunday!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back