chimney problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have moved into a 100 year house i ripped out the gas fire so could have a open fire the problem is my house use to have a nextdoor house until it was ripped down leaving the chimneys in place the house now has its fires into these as the main house chimneys have gone this this ok

Sponsored Links
my house use to have a nextdoor house until it was ripped down leaving the chimneys in place.
Leaving what chimneys in place? the house which has been knocked down?. :eek: .

the house now has its fires into these as the main house chimneys have gone
to say i am confused would be an understatement! :)

Let me guess.

Two semis with their chimney breasts back to back. One is demolished leaving the full chimney and breast in place against the party wall. The chimney breast in the remaining property is removed and the fire openings knocked through to next doors chimney.

Sponsored Links
Two semis with their chimney breasts back to back. One is demolished leaving the full chimney and breast in place against the party wall. The chimney breast in the remaining property is removed and the fire openings knocked through to next doors chimney

ok.....that makes sense!. the chimney breast would have to be checked out for structural integrity after all that upheaval!.
smoke tested etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back