chinamans hat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We got a corgi gas man in to install our gas fire but he refusedto do the job because we had a 'chinamans hat' cap on our chimney.

He reckoned these were not in regulation and we had to take it down.

Now its not a job I want to do taking it down and its near impossible to get somebody out to do such a simple cheap job, so what I want to know is, is it true that its against regs.

I looked round the chimneys in my area and about 30% of the chmneys seem to have this cap on, but theres no info on the internet about it.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
corgi bible says it should have mesh (for what thats worth ) :LOL:

sounds like somebody being a bit tight with the rule book :)

where did pedantics post go :?:

ta for that, i'll just get another quote from someone else before taking it down.

I am getting sick of pedantic workmen here in Cheshire, if I here the word regulation again i'm gonna go crazy., I know its for the greater good but many are using it as a way of extracting more cash.

no test nothing just said that the fumes on those types just blow back in with the wind

where is the Chinaman's hat in relation ridge?

(No, kevplumb, this is not a Christsmas cracker joke :) )

Chinamans hat, you need a number 24 with a number 27 with a number 39, chick & chip, good parkin for you, chicken rubbery.

Get yourself a wickes gas fire installation kit and fit it yourself, you dont need to follow any regs at all, only us corgi t*****s have to do that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back