Chipboard Flooring in Kitchen. What flooring to cover it with?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have had the joists and old floor replaced in a kitchen due to a dripping washing machine over years (long story).

Anyway, I've had the joists replaced and chipboard to make the new base flooring. The chipboard is they used was Caberfloor P5. I would like to possible put down a vinyl flooring, or vinyl peel & stick tiles? I'm wondering if my floor needs sealing first? Or if I could potentially lay down some kind of underlay or protective seal to prevent a future water mishap happening, especially at the back of the wall where the washing machine will sit.

Appreciate any help and advice greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The floor does'nt need sealing, if the Caberdfloor is dead level it's ok to fit over what you have but best practice to flooring grade Ply the floor in 4mm or 6mm if possible.

Avoid 'click' LVT, it's a nightmare.

A nightmare to fit or a nightmare in some other way?

A nightmare as it regularly fails.

The floor needs to be billiard table smooth to lay it, so at that point you may as well fit a glue down LVT as it requires the same prep and doesn’t require expansion gaps, and is far more resiliant.

You also can’t put heavy weights on vlick LVT like washing machines etc as this also will cause the click joints to fail.

If you want a floating floor, Laminate is by far a better option than click LVT.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back