Chipped bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a small chip (about the size of a 5 pence piece) on my steel bath. Its at the bottom so no chance of missing it. Is there a way to fix it?, apart from buying a new bath. I've heard about enamel paint but not sure which one to go for, where to get one or if they're any good.

Sponsored Links
There is really no cheap way to fix this so that it is not noticable.
If it is a cast iron bath it may be worthwhile repairing but if it is a std pressed steel bath they cost under £100 and probably better changing.

My advice for cosmetic blemishes in bathrooms and kitchens: Establish how much it will cost to rectify the blemish (eg, £100). Instead of employing a contractor to do this, give the money to a worthwhile charity, eg drill a clean water well etc etc. Then, every time you sit in the bath noticing the 'chip', you can think of the benefit you have created to many lives in a distant place.

Sponsored Links
My advice for cosmetic blemishes in bathrooms and kitchens: Establish how much it will cost to rectify the blemish (eg, £100). Instead of employing a contractor to do this, give the money to a worthwhile charity, eg drill a clean water well etc etc. Then, every time you sit in the bath noticing the 'chip', you can think of the benefit you have created to many lives in a distant place.
Reminds me of a story I heard recently of some bloke who has decided to give away 10% of his earnings to charity. He reckons that this will easily save lives, whilst all he will be out of pocket by will be a few uneccessary luxuries that "we in the west" have grown accustomed to.

The internet connection will be the first thing to go...

Bye then!

Dunno about you but my internet connection is not an unnecessary luxury, it's vital to my livelihood.

Presumably a chipped STEEL bath will rust, so not just cosmetic at all.

Have you switched sides now?

if the bath is chipped it will go faster. count your blessings!

'waist size' ended up in the recycle bin :cry: i blame billybishbosh

wet feet still going strong!!

Found some Ronseal Kitchen and Bathroom Touch-up Enamel in B&Q. Looks a bit like the paint you get to fix car bonnet chips. The blurb on the back says that its "An all in one filler and paint that provides a long lasting smooth white finish".

Anyone have any experience of it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back