Chipped bath

no, but it's worth a try. primer first if you can see bare metal

Sponsored Links
I can see the bare metal, be it a small bit. Ronseal also make another product thats similar but its not a all in one, theres separate packets for filler etc. Is that a better bet?

Wondering if its worth the effort though. This stuff costs about 20 quid, a decent steel bath comes out at about 150 (after delivery, panels, etc.). Am I better off with just getting a new one?

Found some Ronseal Kitchen and Bathroom Touch-up Enamel in B&Q. Looks a bit like the paint you get to fix car bonnet chips. The blurb on the back says that its "An all in one filler and paint that provides a long lasting smooth white finish".

It doesn't matter how good the stuff seems to be without a professional re-enamel you WILL see it. Its a bit like trying to fix a scratch on your car. Unless you do the full panel you will see it.

Search around you can get a steel bath for under a ton.

Not too bothered about seeing it really, its pretty tiny and I got bad eyesight! All I want to do is make sure the repair lasts. If I can get another 5 years I'll live with it.

Sponsored Links
..and as you remove the old bath, half the tiles are pulled off the wall. Old taps won't come off old tub... can of worms.

chipped baths really do need re enamelling I can recommend a company based in East sussex, as I have used them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back