choice of unvented cylinder and boiler combo

I would keep the combi you got now and put in an unvented cylinder, even two combis wont run 3 bathrooms.

Sponsored Links
I would keep the combi you got now and put in an unvented cylinder, even two combis wont run 3 bathrooms.
It depends on the flowrate of the second combi of course. A high flowrate two bathroom stored water combi would do for sure. Also the usage is important. How often would three bathrooms be in use at the same time? Probably never unless it is guest house.

Do not dismiss outright this suggestion, as in many instances it is by far the better choice all around.

Sponsored Links
And how low do you think a high output combi is going to modulate in heating mode?

Idiot, as low as the controls allow it. Most combis are in small homes and flats with heat outputs about 4 to 5 times higher than the flat needs. That is why they modulated down. One floor of a house is the equivalent to a flat. I doubt you realised any of this. And you do this for a living? This is all basic simple stuff that anyone can figure out.

And how low do you think a high output combi is going to modulate in heating mode?

Idiot, as low as the controls allow it. Most combis are in small homes and flats with heat outputs about 4 to 5 times higher than the flat needs. That is why they modulated down. One floor of a house is the equivalent to a flat. I doubt you realised any of this. And you do this for a living? This is all basic simple stuff that anyone can figure out.

Oh dear.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

In a flat it is a necessary evil due to space. And it does cause issues.

In a house, with plenty of space in relative terms why in the name of Christ would you do want to double the gas requirements and complexity of a system by having two combis one of which won't provide the performance needed for the task.

It will modulate down as far as the gas train will let it. Prat. It will cycle as much as the controls will demand it run.

Google modulate and cycle. Two very different things that a dimwit like yo would confuse.

Again just for you. You can move your lips as you read it. :LOL:

So £1400 for your second combi and probably same again for installation and were up to £2800, an unvented cylinder say £800 and £1000 for install so shall we say thats a £1000 cheaper for a better setup, as already said watch the door on the way out. :D

Thanks muggles. I may just approach some local heating engineers - I only used ratepeople as I don't know anyone competant.

We might smile at the thought that people on Rated People are always going to be competent.

The reality is that many are those who have difficulty getting enough work otherwise. Sometimes because they are of non British origin and in many cases those who don't need to buy property with a mortgage because they already own a far cheaper property in their home country so can work for far less than the Brits.

So £1400 for your second combi and probably same again for installation and were up to £2800, an unvented cylinder say £800 and £1000 for install so shall we say thats a £1000 cheaper for a better setup, as already said watch the door on the way out. :D
And the rest. A better setup? That runs out of DHW? Nah! A bettery setup that leave you with heat if the boiler fails? Nah! A quality 400-500 litre cylinder costs. Then all the zone valves and pipes, then the space it takes up. ...and it will run out of hot water and standing heat losses, etc. Then if any of the pressure valves fail a very expensive bill. The Ultracom combi can be bought for around £,1300. The more I look at it, the extra combi is a no brainer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back