Choken pipework, no hot water! (Now with diagram)!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys this is the scenario

Combi boiler, working fine. Hot water in kitchen is flowing OK. NO hot water in the bathroom at both WHB & bath. There is no blenders or anything. The pipework is under a tiled floor, could it possssssibly be choked?? Anyone seen this before? Whats best way to clear, I tried blowing it back using a hose on the coldmain at the bath no result! Its just weird that it can choke the pipework after coming through a boiler and that ?

Sponsored Links
mcniven";p="1167694 said:

Combi boiler, working fine. Hot water in kitchen is flowing OK. NO hot water in the bathroom at both WHB & bath. There is no blenders or anything. The pipework is under a tiled floor, could it possssssibly be choked?? Anyone seen this before? Whats best way to clear, I tried blowing it back using a hose on the coldmain at the bath no result! Its just weird that it can choke the pipework after coming through a boiler and that ?[/quot

problem the diverter valve , if you have water coming from hot tap in bathroom there is no blockage

Would you not have a problem trying to back flush main water up the hot water tap in bathroon when connected to a combi.

If hot water pipe is linked with bath and basin tap and kitchen, perhaps you should open the hot tap in the kitchen and then back flush at the bath. This would allow water to flush through 'backwards' and escape through kitchen tap.

Does that make sense :confused:

BOB D.O.L.E";p="1167739 said:

Combi boiler, working fine. Hot water in kitchen is flowing OK. NO hot water in the bathroom at both WHB & bath. There is no blenders or anything. The pipework is under a tiled floor, could it possssssibly be choked?? Anyone seen this before? Whats best way to clear, I tried blowing it back using a hose on the coldmain at the bath no result! Its just weird that it can choke the pipework after coming through a boiler and that ?[/quot

problem the diverter valve , if you have water coming from hot tap in bathroom there is no blockage

I said theres water at the kitchen, but none in the bathroom.

Sponsored Links
westendsetup.jpg

Here is an image of this,

KITCHEN SINK - IS GETTING HOT WATER.
BATH & WHB - NOTHING.

all the floors and walls are tiled.

If there is a blockage between the combi and WHB/Bath you can not back flush back to combi and sink because the water has nowhere to go. Hence either disconnect combi or as said and easier open hot tap at sink.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back