Hot water cylinder linking out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have moved into a new property and have recently pulled up the boards on the landing.

The House currently has a combi boiler and has had a hot water cylinder in the past.

I was wondering if anyone can provide a diagram of how the pipework is usually linked out when changing from a gravity system to a combi system. For some reason The shower in the bathroom has its own hot water supply in 15mm that I assume is linked out in the old pipework. The bath hot water and kitchen hot water are fed from the main 22mm from the boiler.

Sponsored Links
a diagram of how the pipework is usually linked out

No such thing really. The hot is fed from the combi instead of the HW cylinder but how this has been done is anybody's guess. Are you having problems?

a diagram of how the pipework is usually linked out

No such thing really. The hot is fed from the combi instead of the HW cylinder but how this has been done is anybody's guess. Are you having problems?

No problems, just curious. The pipework from the cylinder is still there but some is capped and the others look like they have been jointed. the main reason is that the feed from the shower comes from where the old cylinder was and runs direct to the shower whereas evey other hot tap is fed from the main HW from the combi

Probably just easier to covert it that way at the time. No real hard and fast rules.

Sponsored Links
Worked it out.
They'd linked the old expansion to the flow and used it as the new leg to the boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back