Chrome to plastic waste adapter problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm looking for some help having just replaced the basin and drain pipework in my downstairs toilet. The new drain pipework is 35mm chrome, and needs to connect to an existing 32mm plastic pipe which goes through the wall (this pipe was connected with a pushfit connection to the old plastic pipework). My problem is how to connect the 35mm chrome to the 32mm plastic outlet pipe - the new chrome pipe is perpendicular to the 32mm pipe, so needs to connect to it at a right angle. I bought this but quickly realised the plastic 1 1/4 inch solvent weld end is too big for the 32mm pipe I have:

McAlpine 32mm/32mm(Euro)-1.25" Adaptor 90Deg MCALPINE-ABS32/35A-CB (hertsplumbingsupplies.co.uk)

Is there nothing similar on the market, maybe with a pushfit or compression connection for the 32mm? Or even a 'sleeve' that I can solvent over the end of the 32mm pipe to 'convert' it to a 1 1/4 inch ready to be used with adapter I have? Can't seem to find anything suitable on the net. Obviously I'd like as much chrome and as little plastic visible as possible inside the room.

Surely I can't be the first person with this requirement. Replacing the pipe that goes through the wall with 1 1/4 inch would be a last resort as this would require changing it's connection with the main drain outside, as well as resealing the hole through the wall.

Please excuse me if I've used incorrect terminology as I'm only a plumbing novice!

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
i had to do a similar thing with a waste that went into a wall and then onto a chrome fitting
I had a couple of things sent online which did not work , and ended up purchasing from Wolseley plumbing supplies - trying to find now
Mine was straight connector F48306 MCA 32/35 to 11/4 Chrome connector , which worked perfect on my existing solvent weld pipework, and hidden under the tiles , so we only see chrome in basin

https://www.wolseley.co.uk/product/mcalpine-abs-connector-32-35mm-x-125-brass-chrome-plated/
but you are looking for a right angle

Thanks ETAF. That connector looks like the straight equivalent of the right angle one I ordered - I assume that your existing outgoing plastic pipe was solvent weld 1 1/4, which mine isn't, which is where my problem lies, I need to somehow convert my existing 32mm pushfit pipe, to 1 1/4 solvent pipe so that it will work with my right angle adapter, or find a different right angle adapter that connects straight onto the 32mm pipe.

Sponsored Links
Use a compression fitting 1¹/⁴inch ,32 mm, will join solvent weld to push fit pipes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back