chronotherm CM927 suitable for my boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am looking to buy a honeywell chronotherm CM927 wireless thermostat, would like to know will this work for my combi boiler which is a Ideal Mini C24

from what i have read in the boiler manual it states "Note: the switch contacts of any external programmer,
room or frost thermostat must be volt free.
Connecting a switched live feed to external controls
terminal block may be dangerous and will result in
serious damage to the boiler."

i have looked around the Internet cant seem to find out if the thermostat will work for with my boiler or not, please could you confirm whether it shall work or not

Sponsored Links
Should be ok, the switched part of the Honeywell is 'isolated' from the mains side ofit. This just powers the unit.

Make sure you use the special 'volt free' external contols block in your mini.

thanks Dave for the quick reply :D , would it be a case of just wiring live neutral, and earth, do you know the terminals of where to wire them into the block?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Assuming this has the same back plate as the CM67, then L & N go to the left on the wall plate, (LLN), whilst the switched live (volt free) from your mini goes to the block on the right in the wall plate, ABC I believe.

All are very clearly marked.

No earth needed on this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back