Cifial Tech Tap Problem - help please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, please help a total novice, I don't want to have to call a plumber round for something I think is probably so simple I could fix myself. New bathroom installed a few months back. We have Cifial techno 35 deck valve taps on bath. The chrome top of the deck valve is attached on top of what i think is called the spline extension. This then has a small hole in the side of it that can be tightened with an alum key. These 2 parts have come away together (unscrewed themselves i guess!) from the turn cartridge that is attached to the bath. When we try to screw the top + spline thing back into the turn cartridge it just doesn't grip.

Am guessing I should be doing something to the grub screw with an alum key but have no idea what! Please talk me through how to put this darn thing back on so i can run the tap properly again without the top of the deck valve spinning off! Am sure it must be simple but I am a lady and generally have no idea how these things work :oops:

Sponsored Links
Hello,

I would like to help you with your technical issue. Are you in the USA or UK? If you are in the UK, I may have to direct you to our UK office to help you. Please forward the Model# of the Tap in order to reference some technical documents.

Thank you!

hi thank you - we have the technovation 35 bath deck valves

Sponsored Links
We have the pair of bath deck valves, code 34890SE
Thanks

BTW what you probably need is an 'Allen' key (not Alum) which is a hexagonal key that will fit into the grub screw that clamps the tap head to the spindle. They will come as a set of 5 or 6 from a DIY or tool shop. Pretty cheap usually.

Did the installer not leave you with the key that probably came with the taps when new?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back