Circular saw for less than £150...for use with guide rails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

So, whilst i still have some of my 'tool replacement' budget left, i want a new circular saw.
I have a table saw but can only really use it in dry weather as it needs to be outdoors due to dust and size etc. So i was thinking if i bought a circular saw that could be used with relevant guide rails then could it replace the table saw for standard long cuts? ie. trimming a few mm of an architrave or skirting board or door.

That make sense?

Anyway, please advise on what you'd recommend.

Forgetting the guide rails options for the moment i was looking at:
DeWalt D23650K
Bosch G190

but am certainly open to suggestions.

Sponsored Links
rail saws will never replace a table saw

you need a largish length and full width off the rail for cutting securely so not really for smaller material
you can double or triple the material to fill the width but will be very time consuming much more likely to movement

with plunge think 95% sheet /large flat surfaces and 5% speciallity

with table think occasional sheet

Thanks mate,
so forgetting the guide rails then, which saw would you recommend for less than £150.
My previous one was an unbranded 165mm which lasted 10 years. A new 36t Bosch blade revitalised it but then it died last week (think the motor has burned out).
I've never seemed to need bigger than 165mm and DeWalt do the D23550 which is 165mm so i could use my existing Bosch blade with it.
Other than a bigger/deeper cut, is there any other benefit from having a larger diameter saw?
It won't get much hammer, but i'd like to get the best i can whilst i have £150 to spend.

Sponsored Links
bigger the saw greater the weight to cart about

to be honest you should change the blade when they go blunt would suggest in 10 years off little to medium use you should be on your third blade now lol

the last reason to buy a machine is because it fits a saw blade several yes but not for one lol

you also need to check the blade bore is the same or greater than the machine and the blade kerf [thickness ] matches the riving knife if fitted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back