Cistern doesn't fit pan on new close coupled toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to assemble a new close coupled toilet.

When offering the cistern to the pan, the nut that secures the flush mechanism will not fit through the hole in the pan, but rests partly through the hole, with the result that the cistern and pan will not marry up as they should and the cistern can be wobbled from side to side.

With the rubber seal installed between the cistern and pan, and the two plastic bolts securely and evenly tightened, there is a gap of about 1 cm. Only when I screw the cistern to the wall will the whole assembly be solid. This is not at all like the last close coupled loo I installed which locked solid with the cistern firmly seated on the pan.

Is this normal or am I missing something?

Sponsored Links
Thats about right, The cistern really just rests on the do-nut washer seal until screwed to the wall. until secured it willbe slightleywobbly on the pan.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back