Close Coupled Cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently doing some alterations and decorating my bathroom. I am asking if close coupled pans and cisterns are all a universal fit to one another. I currently have a close coupled pan and cistern but would like to change the cistern to the new push button type. The existing pan is 13 years old and is still like new.
The Pan and cistern I have is connected by two bolts and wing nuts through a steel plate with a doughnut in between. I don't really want to change the pan as well because the pattern in the porcelain also matches the pedestal.
Is what I want to do feasible? I realise that the pan might need shifting forwards or backwards to line up.
I look forward to receiving your comments.

Regards

Sponsored Links
No, they do vary a lot. You can check dimensions of course but the connection around the donut could be quite different, too.

Hi

As said the variation is huge.
A new reduced flush cistern will not work properly on an old pan,it will not clear the contents.

Thanet.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back