cistern prob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all hopefully the pic of my problem has uploaded. when i flush the loo it doesnt shut off, i gguess it must be a washer of some sort, i have taken the large nut off on the left and i can feel something rubber in there, is this what i need to replace?
thasnks
Bill

Sponsored Links
There is something a bit weird about that lay out can't quite get my head around it.

Anyway the rubber thing under the nut will be a diaphragm washer most are a plain one like this

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Ball-valve-Diaphragm-Washer-PK2/p/421629

But as your valve looks a bit odd getting a kit with some of the more obscure ones might be the best bet

http://www.screwfix.com/p/ball-valve-spares-107pcs/98525#

Note which way round the old one is when you remove it, there is a small lip around the edge it must face the same way as the old one.

hi all hopefully the pic of my problem has uploaded. when i flush the loo it doesnt shut off, i gguess it must be a washer of some sort, i have taken the large nut off on the left and i can feel something rubber in there, is this what i need to replace?
thasnks
Bill

It looks like a WC cistern frame, did you gain access via the flush plate at the front?

It could be your flush valve washer that's faulty or damaged & not the inlet valve.

thasnks
Bill

It looks like a WC cistern frame, did you gain access via the flush plate at the front?

It could be your flush valve washer that's faulty or damaged & not the inlet valve.

Yes reading it again, I got a bit side tracked by the nut/washer reference it could well be a fault with the flush unit :oops:

Sponsored Links
The problem is with the washer under the nut on the left I think as this is where the water comes in and it won't stop. Are all diaphragm washers the same size?
Thanks for the replies
Bill

Ive taken a pic of both halves of the valve I think the diaphragm must have fallen out as I cant find it. Can anyone tell me how the valve works and if possible what type of diaphragm I need
Thanks
Bill

The most common one is the wickes one in my first link, or just take the valve into a plumbers merchant an show it to them they can sort you out in no time :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back