Cistern stuck during filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 10 year old push button cistern. During filling up it sounds like it is filling which is constant. Taking the lid off the water is stuck at 2 inches in the bottom. If you move the lid around after a minute I hear a whoosh sound and then it fills normally.

What part do I need to replace?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
After flushing ,does water actually come into the cistern from the float valve ? If it doesn't replace the float valve.
If water is coming in ,but the level isn't rising ,then it must be continually running into the pan and the flush mechanism ( flush valve) will need servicing ,or replacing.

Fixed it for ya
If water is coming in ,but the level isn't rising ,then it must be continually running into the pan and the flush mechanism ( flush valve) will need servicing ,or replacing with a traditional, reliable, stood-the-test-of-time mechanism.
;)

Sponsored Links
After flushing ,does water actually come into the cistern from the float valve ? If it doesn't replace the float valve.
If water is coming in ,but the level isn't rising ,then it must be continually running into the pan and the flush mechanism ( flush valve) will need servicing ,or replacing.

Yes water is flowing into the pan but cistern level not rising. Will go for a new flush valve.

Regards

cyclopse

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back